Monday, December 10, 2012

First Post!

Hi, everyone! This is just going to be one of those introductory posts, to let you know who I am and what I'm up to while I still get all my blogging stuff in order. I'm not very used to blogging (unless you count my Tumblr, which I've had for years, but I don't do much actual 'blogging' on it, I just occasionally bitch about things on there and post photos from my birthday parties before I get back to putting a million pictures of the Avengers up. I digress).

If you're not familiar with me, hello! My name is Eva Nicole, and I'm currently a junior in college, studying journalism and art history. I've written for the school paper for two and a half years now, and I also contribute to Her Campus Towson, both of which are quality publications that I recommend. Writing for Her Campus actually gave me the idea to write this blog, since you can talk about just about anything, from sex to health to books to whatever, and there isn't a lot of censorship and there are a lot of people coming together with all kinds of cool ideas. I like being in charge and doing things my own way, so I thought I could try it on my own and see what happens.

What you should expect to see here are posts about makeup and literature and college and career and travel and food and celebrities and music. If I had my way, I would be a blend of Anthony Bourdain and Mary Roach and Stacy London, so we'll see how all of that actually works out. I'll also recommend other blogs and webcomics (98% of my life is spent mindlessly reading webcomics and the other two percent is spent making hyberboles).

I don't claim to be an expert on everything. I wish I was. That would be basically be the best ever, but I'm nineteen (almost twenty) and what I don't know yet could fill a warehouse. But I do know a little about some things, and those are the things I will start off writing about, and maybe later I will learn some more things and write about those.

Sometimes I'll put up posts that have originally been published elsewhere, like on my Tumblr or on one of the sites I mentioned previously. I see no reason why I shouldn't, since I wrote them, but I will preface that post saying that it was originally on the Towerlight or HCT and give a link to it and hopefully no one will sue me for showing people original content that came out of my own brain.

There you go! That should be all!

No comments:

Post a Comment