Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Webcomics!

Hi, everyone! Today I'm going to tell you about some of my favorite webcomics, since they're one of my very favorite ways to waste time when I'm on the internet. Plus, people really put a lot of work and thought into them, even the simple ones, and there's one that describes nearly every mood and emotion and you can send them to your friends when they're sad or just need to be irritated more.


Gunshow is one of my very favorite comics and to this day, I'm still not exactly sure why. I don't know what it is about it, or why exactly it's funny. It's very strange and dark and it sort of follows a chronological progression but mostly doesn't. The author also recommends some really bitchin' stuff, that's how I found out about Emily Carroll  and Punpun, and it's just generally dumb and funny and creepy, all wrapped into one neat little burrito. I think I spent two straight days last winter break reading every single one of these because clearly, I have a life.


Hark! A Vagrant is probably the greatest thing that has ever happened to literature/history nerds, ever. I have the hardback collection of her comics, and I love them because they're so cerebral and so doofy at the same time. That's a winning combination, kids.
\
Nedroid! Oh man, what a cute comic. This is mostly the kind of comic you could read around your grandparents, and maybe they would question why the bear was so short and circular and why the bird was such a dick, but there aren't penises and severed heads everywhere, and generally the language is pretty clean, yet it never feels like you're reading Veggietales or Bible Adventures or something. Plus, they have stuffed versions of Beartato and how cute is that? SO CUTE.

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide and Happiness was basically the first webcomic most people I know (including me) ever knew existed. I used to follow Kris Wilson on DeviantArt, waaaay back in like, 2007, when DeviantArt was halfway relevant. These are little bite sized pieces of inappropriate internet humor and the punch line is usually someone getting naked or their head exploding. There are approximately one hundred billion of these comics in existence, so there are probably one or two you will find funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment